有些歌曲聽了好幾次,還是想不起來是誰唱的;
有些歌聲聽一次就永遠烙印在腦中,
聽著洪佩瑜唱這首歌,讓我很難忘。
◎Dance With My Father
我還是孩子
Back when I was a child,
生命的純真尚未消失的年代
Before life removed all the innocence,
父親常把我舉起來
My father would lift me high,
與我跟母親共舞
And dance with my mother and me,
然後
And then...
帶我轉圈直等我入睡
Spin me around til' I fell asleep,
再把我抱到樓上
Then up the stairs he would carry me,
我知道自己確實有人愛
And I knew for sure I was loved
如果再有一次機會
If I could get another chance,
與他散步、與他共舞
Another walk, another dance with him,
我會播放一首永遠不會結束的歌
I'd play a song that would never never end
因為我喜歡,喜歡,喜歡
How I'd love love love...
與父親再次共舞
To dance with my father again.
我與母親意見不同時
When I and my mother would disagree,
為了要得逞,我轉身跑去找父親
To get my way I would run from her to him.
他會逗我開心,安慰我
He'd make me laugh just to comfort me,
最後卻讓我遵照母親的意思
Then finally make me do just what my momma said.
當天晚上我入睡以後
Later that night when I was asleep,
他在單下留了一塊錢 我床
He left a dollar under my sheet.
卻從沒有想到他就此離我而去
Never dreamed that he, would be gone from me.
Repeat Chorus
如果我能再偷得一瞥
If I could steal one final glance,
偷走最後一步
One final step,
與他共舞最後一次
One final dance with him,
我會播放一首永遠不會結束的歌
I'd play a song that'd never never end.
因為我喜歡, 喜歡, 喜歡與父親再次共舞
Cos I'd love love love, to dance with my father again.
有時在媽媽門外
Sometimes I'd listen outside her door
聽見她又為了父親而哭
And I'd hear how my momma cried for him
我為她,比為自己更加禱告
I pray for her even more than me...
我為她,比為自己更加禱告
I pray for her even more than me.....
我知道我的禱告多之又多
I know I'm praying for much too much,
然而你是否可以送回
But could you send back,
她所愛的惟一男人
The only man she loved.
我知道你不常這麼做
I know you don't do it usually,
但是親愛的主,她太想要
But dear Lord she's dying,
與父親再次共舞
To dance with my father again.
這是我每晚入睡後的惟一夢境
Every night I fall asleep and this is all I ever dream...
- May 22 Sun 2011 16:43
愛聽˙洪珮瑜 Dance With My Father
close
全站熱搜
留言列表
發表留言